Saturday, November 1, 2008

The Really Great, the Hopeful but Scared, and the Down and Dirty

It has been a hell of a week. All kinds of, but crazy all around.

So, last we left I had made some friends, sent out a lot of jobs and was looking for a two person flat. Currently, I have a bigger group of friends, have 2 interviews next week, and had a DREAM HOUSE for 4 that was ripped out from under me. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

Wednesday morning, I finally made my way over to Bunac once again. I checked some more jobs, then Nicole and I were off to see an apartment. It was really nice--brand new, never been lived in, balcony, big beds. However, the guy showed it to us even after someone else had put in a deposit. What is this, tempt the poor foreign girls?? We loved it, and only minimally mourned its loss. I had to go to the bank to pick up my debit card after that, and then I met back up with Nicole to look at another place. This one was way the heck out in Canada Water (about 35 minutes out of the city) and we got all the way out there to be told by the landlord that he got a call and wanted to go out, so could he call us back? Great. Jerk. We turned around, and met Jac and Nathalie for dinner at this Canadian bar called the Maple Leaf. This is where the day picked up. The four of us just click so well. Nicole and Nathalie laugh together a lot, while Jac and I are more laid back, but we can interchange as well. This bar was awesome--we had good Canadian food, and beer, and this amazing ubber dessert. Nathalie got this huge kick out of the fact that Nicole’s cheeseburger came with an egg on it. (ps pass on the beef in England—not very tasty-must not use that good Angus cattle ;-)) We stayed at the pub and watched a football game for a while--it was really funny to see how crazy all the guys in the pub got when anyone scored a goal. The New Zealand boys showed up for a bit, then I had to take off to catch the Tube.

Thursday, I went into town around noon, and met up with Nathalie, Rob, Bradley and Paul (aka NZ boys). We walked through Regent Park and went to the London Zoo. It wasn't crowded because it was drizzly, but it was kind of depressing. I think that was more because of the rain, and all the animals were hiding out, but even still. We went to the cafe and had some snacks, then headed back to ISH. There, Nicole and I met up and went back to her room to talk flats. While we were there, Nathalie came in, then Jac, and before we knew it, we were looking for 4 person instead of 2. We found a few places, made some calls, then went to meet Nathalie's friend for dinner. We went to this place called Pizza Express on Baker Street, (much posher then it sounds, but still cheap) then went to look at our first place. It was so tiny--4 bedrooms, a kitchen and a bathroom. We'd be tripping over ourselves. It could have fit on the first floor of my parents house. Oh well, first one maybe a 6 out of 10.

Friday morning, I did....something. Probably emailed and worked on looking for work. I did get an email back for an interview tho!! It's at WATG--a design firm--in central London--they do hotels and stuff all over the world. They need a receptionist, its 8 pounds an hour, 40 hours a week, for the whole 6 months. I have the interview tomorrow at 11, so fingers crossed! The lady I talked to was really sweet. It would be really great to get involved as it is an international company. Not to brag, but I'm good at the interview thing. I just hope I'm British good. After this exciting news, I head in to meet the girls to look at another place. It is BEAUTIFUL!! Its a brand new house, huge, 2 1/2 bathrooms, living room, great kitchen, backyard, everything. We LOVED it. Nicole couldn't meet us, so we told the guy we had to talk to her, but we'd get back. We went back to ISH, and got ready to go out for Halloween.

Hate to run, but I have to meet Jac for tea! Will continue this story tonight--believe me, it's got some fun twists.

To be continued,
Emica

PS I love this blog. Its made me realize how much I love writing.

No comments: